Use of your personal information the Company collects during the application and
recruitment process is governed by this policy and all applicable terms in the Company’s
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE COMPANY TO
COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN
THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
1. Blackrock Logistics, Inc. (“the Company” or “we”) collects information about
you during the application and recruitment process.
2. Except for certain limited circumstances, the information is used only for the
application and recruitment process.
3. By applying for employment at the Company, you consent to the Company’s
collection and use of your information in accordance with this policy. The
information will not be disclosed outside the application and recruitment
process without your consent or unless required by law.
4. The Company takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is
5. The Company collects information with your consent for application and
recruitment purposes for the company and its affiliates, subsidiaries and joint
6. You may access your information on request and make corrections if
7. Please notify the Company about any concerns or issues regarding this policy,
policy violations, or the collection, use or storage of your information.
Types of information we collect.
This policy covers the information you share with the Company and/or which may be
acquired or produced by the Company during the application or recruitment process
• Your name, address, email, phone number, and other contact information;
• Your resume, CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or
other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide in
the application process;
• Driver’s license number and Social Security number;
• An image of your driver’s license, Social Security card, passport or other citizenship documents, and pictures of yourself;
• Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
• Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current
and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits
packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
• Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
• Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application
or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship
and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic
• Reference information and/or information received from background checks
(where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
• Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to the
Company and/or any previous employment history with the Company or its
affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures;
• Information about your educational and professional background from
publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your
application or a potential future application (such as your LinkedIn profile or
other social media sites); and/or
• Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview
How we use information we collect.
We collect and process your information where it is necessary in order to take steps, at
your request, as part of the process for considering candidates for potential employment.
The Company will use that information to:
• Evaluate and assess your skills, qualifications and interests for potential
• Ensure you meet the legal qualifications for the employment you are applying
• Verify your information and carrying out reference checks and/or background
checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
• Track your progress through the application and recruitment process;
• Communicate with you about the recruitment and application process,
including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential opportunities
at the Company or the Company’s affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures;
• Create and/or submit reports as required under any local laws and/or
regulations, where applicable;
• Make improvements to the Company’s application and/or recruitment process
including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
• Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable
governmental requests; and/or
• Research your education, experience, professional background and skills; and
• Contact you to make an offer if we think you would be a good match.
Who may have access to your information.
The Company takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected,
processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
• Your information may be shared with the Company’s affiliates, subsidiaries
and joint ventures in the United States and other jurisdictions for application
and recruitment purposes, as described above.
• If you have been referred for a job at the Company by a current employee of
the Company, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the
progress of your application and let the Company employee know the
outcome of the process.
• In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same
university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same
period as a current employee of the Company, we may consult with that
employee for feedback on you.
• We may use service providers acting on the Company’s behalf to perform
some of the services described above including verification and background
checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which
you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
• We will share your personal information with other third parties if you
consent, or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical
issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the
Company, its users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as
otherwise required by law.
• We may retain third party service providers to perform data analytics
regarding your interactions with the site.
• Your information may be stored and processed outside of the United States.
In some other countries you may have fewer rights regarding your information
than you do in the United States.
• We may disclose your personal information to an attorney or other consultant
in the process of obtaining legal or professional advice.
• We may be required to disclose your information to external third parties such
as to local labor authorities, courts, administrative and regulatory bodies
and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable
laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
How we protect your information.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We
have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your
personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. Despite
our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot
guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Company’s retention of your information.
If you are offered and accept employment, the information collected during the
application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record. If your
application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), the
Company will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this
information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge regarding a
recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs, and to help the
Company better understand, analyze and improve its recruitment processes. If you do not
want us to retain your information for future consideration, or want us to update it, please
notify the Company. We may retain some information as required by law or as necessary
to protect the Company from legal claims.
Your rights regarding your information.
You may have certain rights under data protection law. This may include the right to
request access or to update your information, request that it be deleted, or object to the
Company using it for certain purposes. If you wish to exercise a right of access, please
contact the Company. We will respond to requests in accordance with applicable law,
however, the Company is not able to comply with every request.
Changes to this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on
this page and make them available at all branch offices. Each version of this policy is
identified by its Effective Date. The most current policy remains in effect unless and
until superseded by a policy with a later Effective Date.
The effective date (“Effective Date”) of this Policy is August 22, 2018.